1. Kota Lama Semarang
The Dutch colonial center of Semarang. Established in 17th century, Kota Lama Semarang is a best preserved colonial city with remarkable testimony of important historical phases of human civilization – in economic, political, and social – in the South East Asia and the World.
- Address : Letjen Suprapto Street, No.31, Tj. Mas, Semarang Utara, Semarang, Central Java 50137
- Distance : 4.2 KM
- Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/mve49gsNmRwcuoj48
2. Lawang Sewu
Lawang Sewu is a former office building in Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. It was a head office of the Dutch East Indies Railway Co. and is owned by the national railway company Kereta Api Indonesia. Its predecessor, Djawatan Kereta Api, was seized every rail transport infrastructures and offices from Dutch occupation.
- Address : Pemuda Street, Sekayu, Semarang Tengah, Semarang, Central Java 50132
- Distance : 6.9 KM
- Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/A82mJRtmPQha1mxT7
3. Sam Poo Kong
Sam Poo Kong, also known as Gedung Batu Temple, is the oldest Chinese temple in Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. Originally established by the Chinese Muslim explorer Zheng He, it is now shared by Indonesians of multiple religious denominations, including Muslims and Buddhists, and ethnicities, including Chinese and Javanese.
- Address : Simongan Raya Street No. 129, Semarang – Central Java, Indonesia.
- Distance : 9.5 KM
- Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/aqzDVLPGvR1ZRCtm6
4. Masjid Agung Jawa Tengah
The Great Mosque of Central Java (Indonesian: Masjid Agung Jawa Tengah) is a mosque in the city of Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. The mosque complex covers 10 hectares (25 acres). There are three central buildings arranged in the shape of a U, with the domed mosque at the centre; all buildings have pitched, tiled roofs, while the central mosque has four minarets. The central roof resembles the roof of a “joglo”, the traditional Javanese house, and symbolises the rising steps toward heaven or to gain God’s blessing. The long buildings forming the arms of the U house a library and auditorium respectively; the auditorium can hold up to 2,000 people.
- Address : Gajah Raya Street, Sambirejo, Gayamsari, Semarang, Central Java 50166
- Distance : 6.6 KM
- Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/ZdC54ZWyqH9Pfa4A9
5. Brown Canyon
Another unique vacation spot is available in Semarang City and the name is Brown Canyon. It resides in Rowosari Village and belongs to Tembalang Sub-District. For the information, before being a new tourist site in Indonesia, it functions as a local mining area (which has been there for a decade). Both local government and nearby people take advantage of the site to mine sand and rocks, actually. As the time went by, the hills become more unique and the nuance is similar to that of the USA’s Green Canyon! No wonder, it starts attracting tourists even from outside the regions. Most of them come to the location to enjoy photography and sightseeing.
- Address : Rowosari, Tembalang, Semarang City, Central Java
- Distance : 16.8 KM
- Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/4d6h3WH4EJKLuCFm9
6. Grand Maerakaca
Recreational retreat offering examples of traditional houses, a mangrove walk, water area & canoes.
- Address : Puri Anjasmoro Street, Tawangsari, Semarang Barat, Semarang, Central Java 50114
- Distance : 10.1 KM
- Maps : https://g.page/Maerakaca?share
7. Kreo Cave
Kreo Cave is one of the natural tourist attractions in the city of Semarang which is famous for the story of Sunan Kalijaga looking for teak wood to build the Great Mosque of Demak. Sunan Kalijaga arrived at a cave and was visited by four monkeys. Then, Sunan Kalijaga asked the monkeys to stay or guard around the Cave, then become Kreo Cave. The word “Kreo” comes from Mangreho which means guard.
- Address : Goa Kreo Raya Street, Kandri, Gunung Pati, Semarang, Central Java 50222
- Distance : 23.2 KM
- Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/z7hCv7mVfC2kxutD9
8. Marina Beach
Seafront boardwalk along a paved beach popular for sunset views, with hawker stalls & angling spots.
- Address : Tawangsari, Semarang City, Central Java 50144
- Distance : 9.6 KM
- Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/9m257Zx2kBDBToEh8
9. Ronggowarsito Museum
Museum exploring the history & culture of Central Java with various artifacts, models & dioramas.
- Address : Abdulrahman Saleh Street No.1, Kalibanteng Kidul, Semarang Barat, Semarang, Central Java 50149
- Distance : 12 KM
- Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/6fMaq2yBdKZkQsd97
10. Masjid Kapal
Striking rural mosque designed to resemble a wood-bottomed ark, in honor of the prophet Noah.
- Address : Kyai Padak Street, Podorejo, Ngaliyan, Semarang, Jawa Tengah 50214
- Distance : 26 KM
- Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/5ZKA7ja57PFXi2hRA
11. Semarang Contemporary Art
Sleek gallery for contemporary artwork
- Address : Taman Srigunting Street No.5-6, Tj. Mas, Semarang Utara, Semarang, Central Java 50174
- Distance : 4.8 KM
- Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/ygyb6YYGoEtTTSJH7